Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Cont'd.

I knew when I left Provo that I would be teaching little kids tennis, when I say little I mean ages 4-6 years old. So, yes little kids, in fact, they are the "Tots" class.

So my Tots are AWESOME!!! There is this one little boy Sahir, that absolutley loves me, but I think he is pretty awesome too. He is so happy all the time and calls me Missus Justine. He just had his fifth birthday on July 25, and on August 6 I have been invited to his party at the.....wait for it......WATER PARK!!!!!!!!! He is so EXCITED and every time he sees me he tells me and just smiles. I taught these other little girls how to store extra balls in their secret shorts under their skirts, so they ALWAYS have to have two balls now and they learned how to do a few tricks with the balls and their racquets. The Tots LOVE to learn new tricks!!

At the country club I teach three Tots, Dabney, Silvia and Hunter. Hunter & Silvia are 6 year old twins, and they made me a little pink tennis necklace that has hearts and in the hearts are tennis racquets and tennis balls. They are so funny.

Also, in primary (I got a calling for like 3 more weeks...) I teach the 6 year old class and they are CRAZY hilarious. I learn a lot about them every week. The first week we were sitting in singing time or whatever and they took all of my jewlery, there are 2 girls and 2 boys. The girls loved the bracelets and the little boy LOVED the necklace but wanted to see everything. One of the little girls made me this:
They haven't learned my name like my Tots...but it's ok:)

Also, when we had our family here for the 4th of July, my little cousin Adaley put on a show. She is my little buddy and loves doing everything except petting the cows. She is SO DANG cute, I want her to live with us all the time.

She also celebrated her 4th birthday:


On the 4th of July, my mom and I played in a tennis tournament in Othello(somewhat near to us), and we WON the Doubles!! WAHOOOO


1 comment:

Kristen and Alex said...

Sounds like you have had a pretty awesome summer! Congrats on winning the tournament and your cousin sure can shake it for only being 4. She is adorable! That's fun you have been teaching tennis. Maybe you'll have Delson next summer. Ha! We want to put him in tennis lessons.