Sunday, August 28, 2011

R&R= Gone

My mom and I had been planning on going on a trip all summer. We wanted to go on a trip because the boys all went to San Francisco, so we decided we were going to go on one, however, because my dad and brothers were SUPER busy (check out unit 32) their trip got pushed back a little while. That meant our trip got pushed back. So FINALLY we were able to go on our trip two weeks ago. It was SO pretty. 

We went to Victoria, BC and then came back to Seattle and did some shopping. I had never been to Canada before, but I have an enhanced license and was SO excited to use it! I finally got to use it and determined that at the border they would not be able to tell if I was a terrorist or not, but luckily I am not. The drive was kind of long, but driving through Seattle is GORGEOUS and sunny. I LOVE Seattle. So in Victoria, we went to the Buchart Gardens, if you have not been there GO. It doesn't matter if you like flowers (which I LOVE) or not, you will be able to appreciate the hard work that goes into planning a garden that big. 



This is the water feature my mom and I want my dad to put in...
We spent a day in Victoria and went back to Seattle then came home. I love going to Seattle because they have one of THE BEST Mexican restaurants  ......CHIPOTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also they have Nordstrom Rack:)) 

Funny story: On the ferry to Victoria which is (1 1/2 hrs.) the captain came over the loud speaker and said they were going to practice doing their 'man-over-board' drill. It was so funny, at first I thought they were going to have a ferry worker be the 'man' but they just dropped a barrel or something. I am so glad that they did not use a ferry worker because I think he/she would have quit. It took FOREVER before they got the dumb barrel back on the ferry. I was actually kind of nervous about falling in and having to float there in FREEZING cold water and wait for 1/2 hr. to get picked back up. It probably wasn't 1/2 an hour, but it seemed like it took way too long. So, don't fall in the ocean on your ferry ride to Victoria! 

After Victoria, Jarrett left, the little boys started school and I was the only one that wasn't doing anything pretty much. So I helped my dad out with some of his work and let me tell you, after two days of working on the farm I was ready to be done. I was SO muddy, dusty and just dirty. My hands would get dry with dirt on them and that feeling I cannot stand. It is worse than feeling cotton balls. I am such weak-sauce because my dad would carry like 8 pipes and I would drag 2..I think he was ready for his strong boys back. But now I am in Provo and school starts MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: