Thursday, November 10, 2011

Some Funnies

I forgot to blog about one of the most exciting things I have done this semester!!! I am taking an event planning class and this is the event we had the opportunity to volunteer with; Brainshare. Brainshare is an international conference for IT people that work with Novell or their sister companies: Susa and NetIQ. It was a fantastic opportunity to get the behind the scenes look at putting together an event. Granted, we did nothing to plan this, but I signed up for shifts before, during and after the event. I also had the chance to work on a Sunday, (and can I just say I picked the worst Sunday because it was General Conference the week after, so I felt like I had not gone to church for a long time)..yeah not a fan. Anyway, it was way sweet, I got to work with Sharon Stokes, and she was in charge of the whole thing (yes dad, falling up). I rode around with her on her little truck thingy (yes, best descriptive words) all day and see what was going to happen and we did some odd jobs. It was so fun!!!

I worked on Wednesday night at the party they were having and lets just say, having a twenty-one year old girl stopping the alcohol from coming out of the room was interesting. These attendees were international, mostly European and when drunk, VERY friendly. I have never been asked out that much at one time. I felt like I was not doing my job because the security guard had to stand by me because these intoxicated men were so friendly(I use that term LOOSELY). Anyway, it was such a fantastic opportunity I am so grateful I was able to participate in. I am auditing that class next semester so I can do the next event with Adobe.

This little video is HILARIOUS!!  The Brothers. I am sure that most people have already seen this, but I LOVE IT!!! I thought of my own mom when I saw these little boys. I really do love my mother, and (when I told her about this she laughed, so I feel like it is ok I said that) I laugh SO hard every time I watch this. It will brighten your day!! I promise:)

1 comment:

Kristen and Alex said...

Sounds like you are really loving school! Love that video! It was hilarious!