Monday, April 2, 2012

Capital Reef

I have never really thought of myself as outdoorsy, so when the opportunity presented itself, (Nicole inviting us to go) to go hiking in Capital Reef I for some reason got so excited. I went and LOVED it!! On Saturday morning, Nicole, Andie and myself drove down to S. Utah and enjoyed GREAT weather and scenery. I did not think I would love it as much as I did.

We hiked to Cassidy Arch. The arch itself is in a HUGE hole it seems, it does not really stick up like Rainbow Arch. I was not aware apparently because it had to be pointed out to me, but I got some pictures of it, and it is now the wallpaper on my phone. It was SUCH a gorgeous day and what made it SO much better was, we hitch-hiked and got a ride with some Korean tourists to take us back to the car. They asked Nicole where the visitor's center was, she told them then she asked them if we could get a ride. They said they were full and then 10 minutes later they came back and told us to get in. They had dropped their kids off at some bathroom to wait and came and got us and took us to the car. Oh man, the woman was laughing so hard. Andie and I had to air laugh because we were laughing hard too. Here are some pictures:

Not exactly the most flattering picture...

Andie

Nicole

Lyle the most active gpa I have ever seen

The waterfall Andie & I will jump in someday...

Pretty...Like Lake Powell
All in all it was a GREAT day!! Thank you Nicole!!


As you can tell I did not watch the Saturday sessions of General Conference, however, my mom did and guess who she saw...
Sister Shawni Porter (top row, second one from the right)
YAY for missionaries. I also got a letter from her and LOVED it!!!

1 comment:

Nicole and Erik said...

So glad I was there to witness your intro so Southern Utah adventure. I posted some pics on my blog, feel free to help yourself.