Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer, Summer, Oh I have no time...

While this title may seem as though I am frustrated I have no time, I am actually extremely grateful for my busyness!! I came home from school at the end of April, had no job after filling out so many applications, still no job in May, and a few weeks into May I got a job. This may not seem like it is a great job to many people in a rural area, however, I have never learned anything about farming and am loving it and see why so many people love to farm. I work for a farmer here in Mattawa, and I, Justine, have learned how to drive 3 count them 3 different tractors and a few different implements as well. I have LOVED it!!!
flipping the hay after a rain storm
My new work boots, they are cuter once the legs get pulled up.
After a long day, an empty field is the BEST sight!! 
The tractor I usually drive with the rake. 
I learned how to drive this bad boy (a bigger tractor than my brother's have driven) in a two second about tutorial. Not only did I have to control the tractor, I also had a LONG implement on the back (a disc) that I had to manage. Luckily I was super scared at the beginning and went slow, but by the 10 minute, I was able to handle pushing the button to get the GPS to hook on so all I needed to really watch for was the disc and the end of the row with no steering. Modern technology is great!!
John Deere 8130 T-Tractor



Despite the excitement of 'farming', you know, getting up at about 3:30am, out of the door at 4am and working by 430 (AM that is) and going until 11 or 12 at night, on Mother's Day, we got to Skype with Jack!! He looked so good and could not believe how big the little boys have gotten! It was so fun to see him and talk to him, he comes home in November and is dreading it, and we could not be more excited even though we know he is where he is needed for the Lord.
Elder Gallacci only has 5 months left!

2 comments:

Kristen and Alex said...

Good for you driving a tractor! Those are crazy hours tho....I don't know how you survive with so little sleep. And I can't believe that Jack only has 5 months left! That's crazy...it has gone by so fast! Very exciting! I'm glad he is doing well.

Nicole and Erik said...

I am in shock right now. . . am I on the right Justine's blog?