Sunday, October 21, 2012

Orderville Canyon

This week was so hectic, lots of homework, lots of things to do...so why not go out of town on Friday night and hike all day Saturday??

My roommates and I wanted to go to Zion National Park and go hiking. We wanted to do a cool hike, but didn't really have on in mind, so I enlisted Jarrett to help with that little issue. He found us a hike called Orderville Canyon and we were excited. We had a bunch of people that were originally going to come with us, but it just ended up being Jarrett, Lance, Derik, Lisa, Stephanie and myself (I know it sounds....a little...) anyway, it totally worked out and was SO fun!!

We camped Friday night and my new sleeping bag totally worked and I was so excited to use it. I am going to need to get a sleeping pad and bring a pillow! It was so fun, and the only thing that got cold was my nose. Saturday morning we got up and made breakfast and headed out. We got a little bit of a later start than anticipated, like 4 hours later OOPPSS.

It all worked out and was totally fun. We saw about 4 groups go out earlier than we did and we caught up to 2 of them, so we felt pretty accomplished, and no one got hurt!

The hot springs in a meadow  in Meadow!

PHOTO OP

Derik being our tour guide

I think we are the best looking apartment...jk

Jarrett almost walked right over the deer Derik and Lance killed (not literally)

Inside an ampitheater

Not wanting to get wet...

Jarrett saved us!!!

Steph being so outdoorsy

They swam and Jarrett and I hiked around...FREEZING

After 6 hours, we made it!! In the light

No comments: